28 May 2007

For once in a year...

Penang Bridge International Marathon is just round the corner. I just wanna make the best of my Penang Bridge Marathon this year. Last year, I ran while I was still in my sadness & mourning mood over my father's death. I even cried in between the run & luckily no one noticed. But I realised later, the sadness turned out to be my strength to finish up the 42.195km run. So, this time, I'll still be remembering that moment a year ago, crying on the Penang Bridge. Finished by 5:20:00 hrs at the 19th position of Women Open Category, behind Reita K, the Fear Factor Season 1 Champion, I said to myself last year, "This may not be my fastest marathon, but it will be my most special."

Finally, for once in a year, the Penang Bridge will be closed for 7 hours on 24th June 2007. The race is back this year & I wanted to make the most of the race day. I'm browsing thru my marathon "checklist" again for my own updates & reminder.

# Keep on training & to be ready to adjust my pace on race day.
# Best advice & to keep reminding myself - "Start easy - don't push the pace,"
# To practice running easy up & down a hill to strengthen the quads
# To decide on the running shoe - Saucony Phoenix Grid 2 or Mizuno Racer
# Running attire - DONE!

Some pictures from last year's Penang Bridge Marathon...



10 comments:

Jamie Pang said...

I hope you will have a memorable race this year!

yipwt said...

hi nezz,

good luck in the penang bridge run...

:)

NEZZ said...

Carboman : Yes, that's for sure. Thanks!!

YipWT : Good luck to you too.. Thanks for visiting here. I'll be running @ Genting too next week but not up to 40km like you did la..

C-CUBE said...

nezz, with the photos you shown, i now remembered that I had spoken to u and ran with u for a moment when we are making the first loop after the start in last yr race. That time I dun think we hv met before. anyway maybe that is not you too, but there isnt many women runners anyway. So I am quite sure. And also I was running with Reita K ( now I know who she was) at the 35k point till 40k, and she went off while I was suffering till the finishing line. And lets make it a memorable race for you this year too. GOOD LUCK.

wawi said...

less than one month to go... good luck in the 'final touch up' and the race...

CP Waterman said...

Wow what a memorable race you had last year!I think Penang Bridge Marathon will always have a special place in your heart.
All the best to your PBM 2007!

-H2O
Paris.

NEZZ said...

Ccube : Yes, I think I can remember seeing you in PG now... not the 1st 5km bcoz I was with Shine, maybe the last 10km suffer bcoz I was having the cramps too like u but I ended the race with my MSN Coaching coursemate, Tee.

Wawi : Tengkiu.. actually, saspen gak ni.. bcoz PG also reminds me of Tsunami 2004, I was there, running the Pesta P.Pinang Run when it happened.

H20 : Wow, I have a visitor from Paris today. Thank you for your wish. Every race is memorable to me especially PG Bridge Mthon. This coming race would be my 5th marathon in Msia, hope to do more like U. :)

aharis said...

Kedai nasik kandaq Line Clear dok terbuka 24jam tunggu hang.

Jeruk @Chowrasta?

Sure memorable habisss.. tak cukup tidoq.

Anonymous said...

All the best for PBM and I'm sure you'll have better memories of it this year.

If you see me, please don't start with me, I will only hold you back...heh heh heh! If you see me struggling to move please shout like you did when we ran the Tunnel Run.

I am starting to feel the kupu-kupu now. But many, many thanks for all the encouragements you've given me.

NEZZ said...

haza : all d best to u too. great to hv another lady marathoner @ PBM this yr. wanna see u complete it happily. we'll celebrate it together ok..