20 March 2007

It's Time, Race & Tendernezz...

The greatest moments in life are not measured by milestones, but by moments where you can find yourself again...

And I found myself again, running a marathon race, at KLIM'07, last Sunday, 18th March. I still haven't achieved my goal to do sub-3:30hrs in a marathon yet, still I'm glad that I finished the 42.195km run by 5:48:38hrs (according to the ChampionChip time) without any major injury or terrible cramps. Last year, I completed by 5:18:30hrs but with major cramps, yet I still managed to drag my legs all way thru.

This time, I'm happy too that I only walked a little, that's during every stop at the water & sponging stations. I just regretted that I don't take care very seriously on the old injury of ankle pain I had since the Putrajaya Marathon last September, which came back gradually after the 25km. I just had to bear with it by running slowly till the end & not putting too much pressure.

Anyway, throughout the run, I really wanna thanked all the guys who were kind enough to pace with me for a few distance i.e. Padzli, Hasnee & Fook.


Every marathon has a different story, so does this KLIM'07. My wish is just to run another marathon, my 5th marathon, if possible, in 3 months' time, maybe Penang Bridge Marathon in June 2007. And this time, I promised myself, I'll heal my ankle pain at the best I could & to race with zero-injury. That's my wish.

Where once in a lifetime moments don't just happen, once in a lifetime...


Cheers!!

4 comments:

Kenny said...

Nezz,

Thanks for your well wishes and all the best in your running .

rgds ,
Kenny

NEZZ said...

Hi Kenny,
Get Well Soon & hope to see you running again. Take care.

C-CUBE said...

Nezz, Running a marathon is oredi something not everyone can achieve. Finishing it within the qualifying time is oredi an achievement. But the most important thing is that you fully enjoy it while getting a good time is always a BONUS. Keep on running.....

Juliana said...

Heal ankle heal !!!!!!!!