29 January 2007

Ladies Day's Out...

Sunday, 28 Jan, participated in a race at Lake Garden, absolutely For Women Only... The Malay Mail-Nestle-Fitnesse 5km Ladies Walk 2007...


The route was totally in the Lake Garden areas...


Not so many participants, maybe less than 500 only, although it's written 1500 people in the newspapers.. It was fun, although some women cheated in the race in the sense that they ran instead of walking. My aim to win Top 10 failed because of these women. I finished at position no. 15 @ approximately 37mins... my time was pretty bad as I slowed down because I gave up when I saw some women running...

The prizes for Top 13 were quite attractive.. anyway, the organizers were not so generous, they didn't include T-shirt & certificates for all participants & finishers like other organizers did. Medals only for Top 13. Maybe because they've spend so much to pay the performer for the day, Dina, the runner-up for the 1st Malaysian Idol & also Ahli Fiqir group. Hope next time they'll be more considerate...


Cat-walking ladies... meooowwwwrrrr...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nezz, first time I stumbled into your blog from Ronnie's blog. I wanted to join the walk but, you know what, I didn't think I could surpress the urge to run...ha-ha! When you're walking so fast you'll start thinking "what the heck, let's run!". So I salute you runners who can tahan with walking.

C-CUBE said...

nezz, i hate cheaters!!!! but too bad we can still find these ppl around

Anonymous said...

C-cube, saw plenty of them at Selayang 10K. They reg for 10K (bib black colour) but started with us 7K, one runner took a short cut right b4 the entrance to the stadium. Very disheartening man! But oso becoz organizers cannot control the situation.

But I'd say, it's difficult to walk fast when you can run. So to the cheaters, if you cannot tahan with walking then join a run lah.

NEZZ said...

Hi Haza, welcome to myvo2max!! There'll be another walk in April, The Malay Mail Big Walk. Wanna give a try? Let's do it for fun. Still need to train tho... :)

C-cube, they may cheat others, but can't cheat themselves, they just couldn't admit that they're slow actually, that's why they cheat.. hahaha..